Descriptions for Wolfram Mathematica 11.3
Developer: Wolfram Research
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: maOS 10.12 or later
Web Site: http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/index.html
Development platform that will help you model, simulate, visualize, document and deploy a wide range of engineering projects, whether you are working at an industrial level or on a school assignment
Developing, designing and building both software and hardware solutions require efficient tools for processing data and making the most out of the available information.
Mathematica is an industry standard when it comes to computing data and integrating the results into professional workflows.
Powerful simulation and visualization for both beginners and professionals
Moreover, Mathematica is a development platform that will help you model, simulate, visualize, document and deploy a wide range of engineering projects, whether you are working at an industrial level or on a school assignment.
In addition, Mathematica is based on a very flexible symbolic language and uses automation on virtually each and every one of its tools, whether it deals with computation, visualization or development.
Designed from the get-go to help you work seamlessly with a large variety of programming paradigms
Within Mathematica, the symbolical and numerical computations are integrated, offering you the necessary tools to find hybrid solutions to your problems. Furthermore, the app provides support for different programming paradigms, such as rule based, functional, pattern based, procedural and more.
Mathematica also enables you to create presentations for the final product within the application: you can process data, visualize it and show off the results without using different applications. This way, you can document your projects while you work on them, reducing the probability of overseeing important annotations.
Exhaustive computation and analysis tool for a wide assortments of data types
What is more, Mathematica is able to compute different types of data: mathematical, geographical, linguistic, scientific and technical, financial and economic.
The app is able to work with numbers and text, can process images and can analyze signals or statistical and binary data. Additionally, Mathematica provides support for dealing with mathematical data, functions and algorithms.
As an added bonus, the Mathematica suite allows you to export your projects to CDF files which can also be opened using the free Wolfram CDF Player. As a result, you will be able to share your projects more freely.
Complex and full-featured data computation utility with inbuilt automation features
To sum it all up, Mathematica’s intuitive interface, the automated data input workflows, the base symbolic programming language and the integrated computation, visualization and presentation tools, all contribute to creating a great working environment.
What’s new in Mathematica 11.3
March 9th, 2018
- Version 11.3 expands Mathematica and the Wolfram Language's functionality in mathematical computation, audio and image processing, machine learning and neural networks, system modeling and more, as well as introduces several new front end features.
- Expanded asymptotics functionality, including relational operators and approximate solutions to integrals and differential equations
- Apply algebraic operations to both sides of equations and inequalities with ApplySides, and find proofs for equational logic theorems from axioms with FindEquationalProof
- Create smooth intensities of locations on a map with GeoSmoothHistogram
- FeatureSpacePlot3D for plotting dimension-reduced feature spaces in 3D
- CurrentImage support for simultaneous multi-device capture and Linux image capture
- FacialFeatures extracts facial characteristics such as age, emotion and landmarks, and FindFaces can filter based on these features
- Efficient audio net encoding and feature extraction for in-core and out-of-core audio objects
- SpeechSynthesize supports native OS synthesis, and AudioDistance can be used to compute distance measures for audio signals
- FindTextualAnswer for finding the part of a text that answers a question, improved automation for Classify and Predict and new methods for DimensionReduction
- Additional pre-trained models, faster RNN training, efficient sequence generation, training session summaries, array sharing, 3D and variable-length convolutions and surgery on networks have been added to the neural network framework
- Browse, import or generate simulation-ready system models for data extraction, analysis and visualization
- Blockchain framework for accessing current information about blockchains (e.g. Ethereum or Bitcoin) and storing/retrieving data using a Wolfram blockchain
- New systems-level functionality for remote process execution, user authentication, process management and network packet capture
- Directly process mail in live mailboxes by searching, flagging, moving, deleting, etc.
- SendMail supports HTML emails and automatically embeds objects such as Dataset, TimeSeries and more
- Improved support for system modeling, raster image, audio, tabular, spreadsheet, systems and network formats
- Prefetch entities and register custom entities and entity types for immediate computation using the EntityStore system
- Wolfram Presenter Tools environment for creating live, interactive technical presentations
- Exchange text, code and other content in real time using the notebook-based Wolfram Chat interface
For a summary of all new Features in 11.3 go to: